Thursday, June 15, 2006

J consolidation

The part time, non-J kitchen staff at The Jones have gradually been cut loose over the past couple weeks. Now the original 4 J's(Jason, Jeremy, Joe, Julian) remain joined by a neck tattooed but still very nice gentleman named James. My line cooking education is finally getting into gear now that the part time line cooks are gone. I expect to work on the line about three nights a week now. Very exciting. Joe tells me that I'm already better than Chris who I suspect got fired rather than just released like I'm sure Mirana and Clive were. I think he was drinking on the job and abusing his post shift bar privileges. And he fucked stuff up a lot. But enough about him.

I've now worked three shifts on the line. My pizzas are starting to look a little better. One of the pizzas, the Napoli, which had pepperoni, sausage, bell peppers, and mushrooms is no longer on the menu. To my delight that has made the Chevre much more popular. The Napoli was lame anyway. Stretching pizza dough is by far the most difficult single task I have to perform. Its given me much greater respect for people who work in pizzerias.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page