Thursday, March 30, 2006

Is it ok to post recipes from work here?

I made pine nut biscotti at work today. I think its going to be dipped in chocolate and served as an accompaniment to a desert. I've been pondering the ethics of posting recipes from work here. I really have no idea if that would acceptable.

I begin every sentence with "I". That's cool.

My repertoire is expanding rapidly. I've learned how to make pasta, ravioli, ravioli filling, Caesar dressing, blue cheese and carmelized onion sandwiches, and roasted garlic aoli. Making burger patties, grating cheese, chopping romaine lettuce, making pizza dough, and making chicken strips have become almost as much a part of my routine as washing dishes. A rainbow of other menial prep jobs also find their way into the mix.

Yesterday I made my first, however brief, foray onto the line to learn how to make ravioli filling. Today I made myself a pizza. It had watercress pesto, marinara sauce, mozzarella, and chicken. It turned out pretty good but it could have been a lot better.

My hours have been expanded. I work from 3 until close rather than 4 until close. Thanks in part to that, I actually worked over 40 hours last week! That's something they never let me come close to at Roxy's. Usually it was more like 25, 30 when I was lucky. Maybe I'll be able to move out of my parents house someday after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page