Friday, March 17, 2006

My first shift at The Jones

There will be four of us working in the kitchen, Jason, Joe, Jeremy and Julian. That alone is pretty gosh darn cool. The first thing they told me when I walked into the kitchen is that I should feel free to bring in CDs to play in the kitchen. Of course I'm going to have to because their taste in music leaves much to be corrected.
The dishwashing process was similar to that at Roxy's so I was able to pretty much jump right in. Dishes are a lot easier at The Jones though. I'm still trying to understand how that's possible.
The responsibility of training me fell mainly upon Joe. He taught me how to make chicken strips, properly butcher chickens, make burger patties, and make pizza dough. Jason said that in a few weeks I'll be doing more cooking than dishwashing. The vaguely tough beginnings of my leather-to-be hands are already on their way back, but only barely.
Shift meals just got like, 10 times better.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this job sounds great, congrats. I got clap your hands tix. will be awesome.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Julian said...

couldn't be more excited

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page