Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sigh, forbidden waitress fruit

The shift meal is one of the most beautiful and dangerous things ever invented. Every time I work I get a free meal. I can order anything on the menu, or stuff that's not on the menu, strange foods, secret foods, high calorie foods. Last week I tried this: You can have any sandwich as a wrap. Reuben spring rolls is one of the appetizers. I had a Reuben wrap, with Reuben spring rolls inside as well. It was pretty good, but I've just now realized that I have barely scratched the surface of what could be done. Next time I work (Wednesday, sad face) I'm going to take it to the next level. I'm going to get a pastrami melt, as a wrap, with potato and cheese pirogi inside. Next that wrap will be dipped in beer batter and deep fried. This is still only the beginning.

After a couple weeks of "Steely Dan's greatest hits" on repeat, I decided to start burning mix CD's to play in the dining room. I currently have 9 stashed in the huge 300 disc changer. That sort of thing is very typical of me. Lots of people ask about and compliment the music. Once someone asked that it be turned up. Those moments fill me with more pride than they should. I have nothing against Steely Dan.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A) Keep up the good deep frying work.
B) That one Steely Dan Song, "Peg", is fucking awesome.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page