Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Pesto will always boldly save love

Last Friday I found myself with a short period of time before guests arrived when I had nothing to do. I used that time to make this appetizer. Its very simple and unoriginal but it got enough compliments that I have decided to post it anyway.

you will need:

basil pesto
mayonnaise
deli sliced smoked turkey breast
any sort of white bread, lightly toasted, crusts trimmed, cut into triangles
watercress, stems trimmed

I'm not giving exact amounts with this recipe because its so easy to make exactly as much as you might need.

In a small bowl combine pesto and mayonnaise in roughly equal portions. Put a some turkey breast on each bread triangle followed by a little dollop of pesto-mayonnaise and then stick 1 or 2 watercress leaves on top.

I said it was simple.

I recently decided that pesto is the single most effective tool for deceptively easy cooking. You can take almost anything, load it up with pesto, and it will taste good, and people will respect it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats your feeling on non-basil pestos?

12:25 PM  
Blogger Julian said...

My feelings on non-basil pestos are mostly positve. Basil is probably best though. Sage also makes a good pesto.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page