Thursday, March 16, 2006

After weeks in limbo...

I am now an employee of "The Jones", a restaurant on 88th and Roosevelt (Seattle, WA). That's only an 8 minute walk from my house! In addition to the commute, this new job's benefits include a share of the tips, a better hourly wage, more hours, and The Jones is a more upscale place than Roxy's. And unlike Roxy's they make everything in house. They bake all their own bread and nothing is frozen. I expect more frequent opportunities for learning than were afforded at Roxy's.

They have entrees based on a staple main ingredients from each major category ranging in price from 12-23. There are affordabley priced appetizers, burgers, sandwiches, and fancy Pizza too. The place is mood-lit and done mostly in dark woods and warm colors. There's a large bar area complete with a long line of beer taps and a few wall mounted TVs. I start tomorrow.

The only problem is that I might not be able to take that sorority job (if I get it). That could have been pretty gosh darn cool.

More frequent updates to come.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Julian. Just so you know, Kjell and I fully expect you to cook for us when you are in New York. Kidding. Sort of.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Julian said...

I'd be disapointed if you didn't.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page