Sunday, March 19, 2006

I have complete control of the kitchen CD player now

Last night I had the Tagliata, which is grilled and sliced beef tenderloin with sauteed shallots and cherry tomato halves over barley risotto in a white wine and rosemary reduction. Tonight I had pan seared duck breast and confit thigh, glazed with local hive mind honey and served with root vegetables and watercress.(I stole a menu)
Attractive Waitress: Wow, did you know you look exactly like James Blunt?
I'm starting to worry that fancy food won't feel special anymore.
Me: um... no. Who's James Blunt?
I can make things I've made before when they tell me to make them now. Someone just says we need more pizza dough I just go right ahead and make more pizza dough. It feels incredible. At Roxy's I rarely actually learned how to make anything like that. Mainly I just chopped, sliced, and portioned things.
Attractive Waitress: He sings that song "you're beautiful"
Me: oh, I hate that song... but um, thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page