Saturday, March 25, 2006

Cutting things up really fast

Several new knicks on my fingers today. I make chicken strip batter and pizza dough without looking at the recipes now.

I feel like my knife skills are much better than they were in January. However every time I think I'm chopping quickly and efficiently I see another of the J-crew (as I've decided to call us) chopping something far quicker. The ability to cut things up really fast is one of the skills I'm looking forward to developing most, even though it won't distinguish me from any other chef in the world. After all, who (besides people that can do it) isn't instantly impressed when they see someone on TV slice a clove of garlic into paper thin slices in 5 seconds? No one, that's who.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page