Sunday, September 17, 2006

Victory Passive Aggression

The servers put dishes on the cart in the hallway by the window. I carry them to the dish pit and wash them. Up until a week or so ago they brought their water pitchers straight to the pit towards the end of the night or whenever they were done with them. At some point someone made the executive decision to start leaving them on the cart with the dishes and at least a few others followed suit. That bothered me. This situation was far too minor to complain to someone about but far too much of an affront to just deal with(maybe not but who wants to be mature?). I decided to just let the pitchers pile up there and pretend like I didn't see them. Don't get me wrong I'm all about making the servers lives easier whenever I can, but there it absolutely no practical reason they can't carry the damn pitchers to the pit themselves. Its like, seven extra steps. They have to walk by it all the time anyway. If they had always put them on the cart I would never have given carrying them a second thought, but to arbitrarily change the system to make more work for me? Fuck that. It seems the message was received because tonight they started putting them in the pit again. When I noticed this I smiled for a solid minute and began outlining this entry in my mind.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, shouldn't your bartenders be washing water pitchers? Just wondering.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Julian said...

probably, they're plastic though. I'm sure the bartenders would deal with them if they were glass.

btw, thanks for being my first comment in a a couple months.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page