Friday, August 18, 2006

Food Handler Permit

Jason, Jeremy, Joe and I all went to get our food handler permits on Wednesday. I assumed we were going to some random government appointed testing center, but we drove out to Woodinville to take it at The Herbfarm where Jason used to work and his wife Anne still works. The Herbfarm is probably the most well decorated restaurant I have ever been in.

Getting a food handler permit is just about the stupidest thing I've ever had to do. There was a 1.5 hour class which basically amounted to "wash your hands after handling raw meat.", a 15 minute beyond easy test, and a 15 dollar fee. I spent most of the time focused on the Herbfarm's unbelievably hot sommelier. I think being a sommelier bumps any woman up a notch or two on any scale designed to rate their beauty. I did enjoy being in the same group of 15 some people being lectured by some smug asshole with a community college certificate as Jerry Traunfeld. What an equalizer. I will have to go through this bullshit once every two years for as long as I handle food in Washington state. Write your legislator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page