Saturday, August 05, 2006

Blog Turning Point (BTP for short)

In the nwsource.com "People's Picks" annual survey The Jones won both best winebar/bistro, and best new restaurant. The Jones was also listed as being one of the top vote getters in the burger, French fries, outdoor dining, romantic, bar happy hour chow, and dessert spot categories. So it seems like we have, at the very least, a handful of regulars devoted enough to stuff the ballot box on our behalf. Nothing wrong with that though. Who actually votes in the nwsource.com "people's picks" survey anyway? Apparently people who eat at The Jones. How convenient.

As I approached the bar for my 5 o'clock Shirley Temple today the most regular of all the regulars (in terms of patronage, and not necessarily personality or digestive health) whose name escapes me right now (People's Pick voter?)looked at me and said "Nice blog". I knew my superiors would find out about this eventually and it seems that day has come at last. It's one of the first 10 links that show up when you google "The Jones Bistro" anyway. The question is, how long until everyone knows? I'm hoping no one is interested enough to check it out. I guess we'll see soon. Either way I can't talk mad shit about my co-workers anymore. I've just deleted all the really offensive/vulgar stuff. I hope no one got a chance to read it. (edit: that was a joke. I haven't been saying mean things about people.)
Locations of visitors to this page