Thursday, June 19, 2008

Do Not Order Your Salad Dressing "On The Side"

Dressing a salad is a fairly simple task. I do it everyday. Usually many times a day. It's my job. Sure you could probably train a monkey to do it, but I like to think I'm pretty good at it anyway. Some people don't trust me to put dressing on their salads though. They come to the restaurant were I work to get some dinner, sit down at their table, look over the menu and decide that a crisp, refreshing pile of various lettuces is just the thing to knock off the dust of the day. "But wait" they say to themselves "The menu says that salad comes with dressing. What do I know about the person who might be preparing my salad? Can he be trusted to figure the proper dressing lettuce ratio? No, its too risky. I need that dressing on the side." If you don't trust the kitchen staff to not fuck up the dressing on your salad than why did you go to eat there at all? How can you trust them to prepare more complicated dishes? Requests for light or heavy dressing, while still annoying, are at least not insulting.

Furthermore when dining out you should always keep in mind that every time you make a special order you are making someones job more difficult. Unless you have problems with food allergies you really shouldn't make special orders at all. Order what's on the menu and stop being so goddamn picky. Picky eaters suck.

2 Comments:

Blogger jsalvati said...

I can't help but notice that your writing style here is similar to Defending Freedom's style.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't see that at all, John.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page